Tuesday 11 March 2014

Rational


With this assignment “Re-photography” were we will be photography areas that have already been photographed in the past, we were put in to groups and given maps of the area that we would be focusing on.  After looking at the original photographs that I got from the archives, we got a sense of what we each wanted to do.
To get a better idea of what I wanted to do with this assignment I looked at some photographers who have also done a re-photography project. One of them was Sergey Larenkov who did his re-photography project all over Europe focusing on the places that had a lot of historic photos he then digitally combined the original photos and the re-photographed photos together to make and photo that gives you a glimpse of the past. Sergey Larenkovs work is most likely the most inspirational with how he combined the original photographs and the re-photographed ones
Were Sergey combined  the original and re-photographed photos together in digital way I want to combine the images is a similar way but instead of doing with photo shop I will be collagen the photos together by hand which I have done in the past with other projects this may become difficult because I will have to try to get the right angle so when collagen them together they would fit perfectly even though saying that I think collagen two photos together that are at different angle would be difficult. I would like to try combining the photographs together through photo shop but not in the same way as Sergey because I would like to layer the original photo over the re-photographed photo  kind of like its ghosted over.
Hopefully I will be able to have a set of photos that show the original photo and the re-photographed photo combined together in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment