Thursday 13 March 2014

Dear Photograph



Dear Photograph,I was only a toddler when we left Arizona, so I don’t have any memories of Kingman, or the family business, Eaton’s Desert Drug. That’s why I treasure photographs like this. Although the drugstore is no longer there, and the pharmacist (my father) has been gone for almost 2 years now, his legacy of hard work, sacrifice and love of family remain with his widow, children and grandchildren. Thank you, Dad, for being my father. WendyDear Photograph,All those years ago you stood here in the country, ready to marry Mom and spend the rest of your life together. Now 57 years later she spends each day with you as you gradually forget and slip further away from us. But love and family endure, and we cherish each day we still have together.Love, Your Family

Dear Photograph,It was the Summer of 2010 and I still remember every moment I spent with you. You always thought that we were just friends, but to me you meant so much more. Three and a half later I want to wish you a Happy Valentines Day.Sincerely,Your Boyfriend. Dear Photograph,It was 70 years ago when my mother dipped her toes in Lake Cavloc, Switzerland along side her father and sister. Beauty was all around them and so were the echoes of youth. My mother’s view has changed now that she lives in a nursing home. Wouldn’t it have been something if the waters they had danced in had washed the fountain of youth over them…Peter

A friend showed me this website that is basically people around the world re-photographing scene from the past it could be their past or someone they love like childhood photos. i found the website to be quite interesting.


http://dearphotograph.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment